2018 Proseminar: Basics of theoretical and experimental particle physics
Tuesday, 4. DS. (13:00 - 14:30), SE2/201/H
Dr. O. Novgorodova (Olga.Novgorodova@tu-dresden.de)
Dr. M. Meyer ( Mikko.Meyer
Heinrich Wilsenach (Heinrich.Wilsenach
Preparatory meetings: 2 meetings for each talk, further details by email
Proseminar on the theory and experiments of particle physics. There is a list of possible topics below. If you are interested in any other toipic, please contact us by e-mail.
How to participate/apply?
- Please notify the organizer by email or in person, preferably before 16.03.2018. Please indicate the preferred topic(s) in your email.
- Alternatively simply show up in the first seminar on 03.04.2018
- If you wish to participate in the Proseminar, please send a ranked list of three potential topics to Olga.Novgorodova@tu-dresden.de and Mikko.Meyer@tu-dresden.de. From this list, one topic will be chosen depending on the preferences of all participants. Some topics may be divided into subtopics if there is a large demand.
About the presentation
- Every talk will last for 30 minutes.
- All necessary materials will be provided after all topics will be distributed.
- Talks should be given with prepared slides in English (laptop and beamer will be provided).
- (O) LHC and CERN Experiments
- (O) LEP Achievements
- (O) ATLAS Detector
- (O) Scintillators and their Applications
- (O) Photomultipliers and their Applications
- (O) Medical Physics Detectors
- (O) Radiation Therapy
- (O) Black Holes Observations
- (H) Double Beta Decay
- (H) Neutrino Oscillations
- (H) Direct Neutrino Mass Measurements
- (H) The GERDA detector/experiment
- (H) Liquid Scintillator Detectors
- (H) Ionization chamber
- (M) Solar Neutrinos
- (M) Solar Neutrino Problem
- (M) Supernova Neutrinos
- (M) Neutrino Velocity - Are Neutrinos faster than light?
- (M) Drift tube detector
- Created on
- 05/01/2018 at 10:02 AM
- Course language
- Course participants at present
- Link to course
- Catalogue entries
- Number of launches
- Last access by supervisor
- 02/12/2019 at 01:33 PM